Monday, October 24, 2011

Happy First Birthday to Anita Silvey's Children's Book-A-Day Almanac!



Dear Anita Silvey,

Thank you for giving the world the Children's Book-A-Day Almanac. It has been a great pleasure watching you create the best children's literature resource for teachers, librarians, and bibliophiles. I am thankful for your daily book recommendations and for filling my head with hundreds of interesting anecdotes. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I hope you celebrate with a bowl of Isabella's lobster mac n' cheese.

You're an inspiration!

Best regards,

John Schu



Your friends wish your Children's Book-A-Day Almanac a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)

"I love the Almanac because it gets me thinking books first thing in the morning. It puts me in the right mindset to start my day. " -Colby Sharp

*"Happy, Happy Birthday to Anita Silvey and her Children's Book-A-Day Almanac! Every morning I go to CBAD because I know I will not only find a great children's book but a wealth of information! My students and I benefit from this! So thank you Anita, we are so lucky to know you. Happy 1 YEAR BIRTHDAY! -Book Jeannie

*-"The Children's Book-A-Day Almanac is an inspiration - part children's lit history, part core collection guide, it's like a living version of H.W. Wilson's Children's Catalog. I refuse to miss a post. Happy 1st!" -Travis Jonker

-*"Happy birthday! Thank you Anita for providing such a great resource! I love being reminded of some books I loved but may have forgotten and discovering new books too!" -Kathy Schmidt

-*"Inspiring, insightful, incredibly enlightening--three reasons I always enjoy reading Anita's Book-A-Day Almanac. She brings a smile to my face as I remember an old favorite, and reminds me of books I've been meaning to read for ages. I am in awe of Anita's breadth of knowledge and endless energy. Happy Book-A-Day Birthday!" -Mary Ann Scheuer

*-"I look forward to seeing what Anita features on her Almanac each day. No matter what she features, it's sure to be a great read and something perfect to share with students. Happy birthday, CBADA!" -Donna Kouri

*-"Dear Anita - Many wishes on a Happy Blog Birthday! Your Children's Book Almanac has been an amazing source of book knowledge that has provided me with so many new (to me) books to explore along with all the little tidbits and facts (both in the post and on the sidebar). You and your Almanac are an important and fun part of my day. And I am so excited when I can share it with other teachers. Thank you for all that you do for us and may the next year be filled with even more books to celebrate." Warmly, Alyson -Alyson Beecher

*-"Happy Birthday Anita! I am honored to have connected with you on Twitter and enjoy your daily contributions to my expanding reading knowledge!" -Jamie Forrest

*-"I have thoroughly enjoyed celebrating children's books, authors and illustrators all year long with Anita and the Children's Book-A-Day Almanac. Here's to another year of wonderfulness! Happy Birthday!" -Teresa Rolfe Kravtin

*-"I love remembering the books I love each and every morning. Thanks, Anita, for this gift." -Teri Lesesne

*-"Happy Birthday, Anita's Almanac! With every offering, you invite me to revisit a treasured book from my youth. That entry on Little Golden Books a few weeks back is one example of the rich resource you are offering to readers each day. Thank you, thank you, thank you." -Paul W. Hankins

*-"For obsessed readers like me, the Almanac provides me with history and insider information about my favorite books and authors." -Donalyn Miller

*-"What fun to have a daily reminder of the treasures on our shelves--as well as the story-behind-the-story. Thanks so much, Anita, and happy birthday, Children's Book-A-Day Almanac!" -Susan J Steward

* -"Happy Birthday, Anita's Almanac! I check it every morning because I love the mix of old and new books -- I always learn something new. Keep up the amazing work!" -Shannon Houghton

*-"Happy Birthday to Anita Silvey's Book-A-Day Almanac. Every morning I check my Google reader while eating breakfast. I am always excited to see what book Anita has in store for us today--will I know this book or will it be new? I leave her page having learned a bit more about some wonderful books and am ready to start my day. Thank you Anita!" -Katherine Sokolowski

*-"Happy birthday, Almanac! Not only does the almanac highlight books I may have forgotten about, it has introduced me to books and authors I haven't heard of! My reading life is richer because of it. Thanks Anita!" -Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment